Wednesday, February 17, 2016

So Here's the Plan...


Every Sunday, I will video chat with my stylist-for-the-week, and have them preplan my options for every day, taking into account my daily agenda (and hopefully weather). Before our chats, I'd like to write some of my predictions for how I think they'll dress me: will they stay pretty close to what I normally wear or will their own style come through? Will my sister make me wear a nerdy tee with everything? Will my grandma wish I owned more earrings?  I'll take a photo each day for you and jot down some of my thoughts and comments.

I'd like to start by telling you a little about my own style, and take this week to show how I would normally dress myself day-to-day. As it is currently winter, it's hard to feel cute in the brisk winds and snow. Living in the midwest, the constantly changing weather keeps me on my toes as to whether I need to bundle up or wear some shed-able layers. During the day I work as a nanny, for an almost 2 year old named LB, so weekdays tend to rock a sweater tunic and leggings combo. Weekends are usually rehearsal time for whatever show I'm currently in, so I like looking put together while still wearing something I can move in- usually a dress and tights. Special occasions are a special treat for me. I will pretty much take ANY excuse to dress up, though. Seriously- any. And if I get an evening off, it's probably spent watching movies with my own boy who waited, J.

Most of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. Not only is it cost effective, but I love finding unique, albeit random, statement pieces thrifting. It's a great way to shake up your style every once in a while without investing in something you end up wearing once. Unfortunately, I tend to hold onto things for far too long (I have so much tacky crap from the early 2000s that I'm just waiting to come back into style), but you'd be surprised how many times I'm ready for a costume party or film shoot at the last second. Thanks to my closet I'm always prepared!

Growing up I was that friend and family member that everyone calls for advice about what to wear. As I got older, I started styling for photo shoots and costuming for theater. Here's some more recent example from shoots I've done:




Hey that's me! In the top one I'm wearing a wig, but the lower photo is all my long red hair. Which reminds me- I recently cut my hair. Ok, that's a bit of an understatement. I chopped off over half a foot a couple days ago. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I love the change. Styling it has already been exciting to see what I can still do with it and I can now curl my whole head without feeling like my arms are dying. Hello new me!

Thanks for joining me on this adventure- let's get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment