Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dress Me Up- My Week!


Monday 8th


Monday Blues
Blue tunic, navy leggings, long leaf necklace,

and snow boots (of course)
When I nanny, my go-to outfit is a tunic and leggings combo. Not only is it easy to just grab and run out the door in the mornings, but it's also very comfortable to roll around and chase after a toddler all day! This leaf necklace is currently my favorite and its length looks great with all my tunics- bonus! Thankfully I had the foresight to check the weather, because my cozy snow boots came in handy as the temperature decided to drop and flurry that afternoon. Even though I had to work all morning, I wanted to look more put together than usual since I was meeting up with J for a late lunch date before a photo shoot I had in the evening. Guest appearance by Gideon the kitty-on who agrees that bowties are cool.


Tuesday 9th


Tuesday Tee-time
Hogwarts raglan tee, long grey cardigan, 
jeans and snow boots with
teardrop necklace and earrings
Tuesday's are my more relaxing nights. After nannying, J and I decided to go to the movie theater and see the Big Short at the last minute. He was sweet enough to snap a picture of my outfit for me (though we did not see Finding Dory). I haven't worn these jeans in a while, and after a couple hours at work I remembered that they ride really low, so I was constantly pulling them up. Thankfully, my shirt and cardigan were longer and concealed any minor wardrobe malfunctions! Lastly, I threw on a pair of silver and blue French clasp earrings (that stay on even when curious little fingers are pulling on them) and a dainty tear drop necklace.


Wednesday 10th


Wendy Wednesday
Green peter pan collar sweater,
navy pants, and snow boots (again)
little jeweled bobby pin for sparkle
Peter Pan collar. Wendy Wednesday. Get it?? Anyway... at the zoo on Wednesdays and Fridays there's a singer that puts on a kids concert for a couple hours in the barn. I like to wear an outfit with pockets so I can keep my phone on me while we're indoors. So my navy pants and favorite sweater were an easy choice. Every time I wear this sweater I get loads of compliments, and this picture doesn't do justice to the beautiful shade of green. Since I had to wear my big winter coat and snow boots again, I added a little bling to my hair. Ooo getting fancy!

Thursday 11th

TgiThursday

red dress, chambray (tied @ waist),
thermal black tights, nerdy earrings
snow boots still

MUSEUM DAY!! Yes, Thursdays are my favorite day of the week. The day I take LB to the nature museum. Since we're indoors for the few hours we're there, I don't have to wear big bulky winter sweaters. In fact, the butterfly haven is so warm and humid that the couple times I have bundled up, I've regretted it and silently roasted. So, this day I wore warm base layers under this spring valentine inspired ensemble. As I'm still getting used to my new hair length, I tried a little half up do bun which showed off my cute Adventure Time earrings I made (today's pairing was Lady Rainicorn and Princess Bubblegum). I was already on the pink and red theme,  so I painted my nails with little hearts for Valentine's Day.
J complimented me on my outfit and assured me he always likes the way I dress, just particularly loved today's choice. Aww. But, I think my favorite compliment was when I took off my coat in the morning, LB ran up to me, asked to be picked up, grabbed my earrings, took my hands and individually petted each fingernail, then climbed down and asked me to twirl around to see my skirt. I think it's fair to say she approved.

Friday 12th

Hey Hey It's Friday

button up, black jeans, red suspenders
heart earrings, hair bow
you guessed it- snow boots
Continuing with the Valentine color scheme, today was focused around these sweet red suspenders I scored for $1 at a thrift store a few weeks ago. Finally finding a purpose for them, I paired them with my black denim and a floral button up. Since that top is so sheer, I layered a pink thermal beneath and fleece leggings on bottom to stay nice and toasty. Betsy Johnson heart earrings and pink hair bow added a girly finishing touch. And hey- my hair fits into a ponytail!
I did get one comment on my outfit from the children's performer who suggested I looked ready to perform myself. Don't tempt me- I do a mean rendition of Let It Go...

Saturday 13th

Saturday by Day

pink and black yoga pants, pink cardi
purple apron and black flats!

S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. Night!

red dress, nude heels, bracelet

Happy Galentine's to all the ladies! Any Parks & Rec fans reading? A couple coworkers and I started this tradition last year, and I'm so glad we continued it this year, even though most of us don't work
together any more. I decided to curl my hair in the morning but clean up and change later, so I could spend the afternoon running errands, decorating, and prepping food for the party with two other ladies. We even found time to test out the photobooth here. My yoga pants, cardigan, and black studded flats were perfect for moving around hanging up decorations and my apron came in handy when it was time to cook.
Quick change into my red dress and nude heels, and I was ready to hear every guest come in and say, "Oh I'm so under dressed!" Nah, you knew I was going dress up. Since the dress has large rhinestones on the collar, I was worried about over accessorizing on top. So, I just threw on a dangly Betsy Johnson bracelet and called it a day. Then I braided my bangs and pinned them back. Not bad for a shorty-do!
Maybe I'll write a separate post about the party, because you need to hear about this waffle bar we made...

Sunday 14th

Valentine's Sunday

Black blouse, leather pants, black wedges
pink and heart earrings, heart necklace, lips clutch

It's finally Valentine's Day. Too bad I used up all desire to wear red and pink earlier in the week. So I opted for a chic all black ensemble. I had the afternoon off to blog in my pjs, but J and I had our night packed with activities. To start the evening we had a beautiful dinner at a nice restaurant. Then, we walked over to a BYOB painting class where we painted two canvases of birds on a branch that fit together when displayed. Capping off the evening we went to the movies to see a chick flick. Just kidding, we definitely saw Deadpool. It was the perfect Valentine's movie too. Since we were going to be inside and seated most of the night, I let myself be not worry about staying warm like I have been. This sleeveless black blouse and high-waisted leather jeans were perfect to transition from classy restaurant to a casual art studio- not over or under-dressed. Unfortunately I began to regret my shoe choice- black wedges, that I chose over my snow boots (that I was getting sick of). But as the snow came down heavy that night, I admonished myself for being so stubborn about wearing cute shoes. Thankfully, all our destinations were within blocks of each other, so there wasn't much walking in the snow. Today won the most accessories of the week as I wore pink and heart studs (my ears are double pierced), a dainty little heart necklace, and my Betsy Johnson pink lips wristlet.

Reflections-

This is a relatively good example of how I dress myself weekly. When the weather warms up I wear more tights, but in the winter I try layering a lot of thermal base layers to keep all toasty. Having two days in a row to dress up was a bit of a treat, but mostly I'd say this was a normal week of dressing myself!


Next week, on Raggedy Amy- 

This week I was in control, but next week my stepmother decides if I live or die! Well, I could like, die of embarrassment or something... Just go with it. And return here on Monday to see if I already regret this experiment!



Lisa Week
Bess Week
Caitlin Week
Ashlin Week


No comments:

Post a Comment