Monday, March 7, 2016

Dress Me Up- Caitlin Week!

Predictions- 

I have a pretty good idea how my sister will dress me- including all the nerdy tees and cat print things I own into one mega outfit! Her style is very geek-punk, and since I own a lot of black and nerdy apparel, that's probably going to make up most of what I wear this week. She'll have to remember we're going out of my closet though, not hers. Dresses, leggings, black, and geeky tees- that's what my crystal ball tells me I have in store! I just hope she lets me wear practical shoes...

Monday 29th


Monday

blue tunic, black leggings, black flats
layered necklaces, sapphire studs, 
silver bracelet, cat scarf
Started feeling sick yesterday, and today it was a full blown cold. Thankfully I had this comfy ensemble to wear! My blue tunic and black leggings ended up being a little too lightweight as the temperature dropped, but they were nice and stretchy to run around with LB all day. Caitlin paired 3 necklaces of different lengths and metals, which I'm way too OCD to pull off on my own. I  matchy-match too much! My earrings were just subtle sapphire studs, and although you can't see it, I'm wearing a simple silver chain bracelet with a single charm. And finally, not to let me down, She suggested wearing my cat scarf as a headband. First cat print for the win.


Tuesday 1st

Tuesday

date nerds tee, blue checkered jeans, element hoodie
chinese character choker, aviators
Still sick, but how cute are my pigtails? Caitlin suggested this hairstyle that I haven't tried at this length yet, but it's a cute change. The weather was cloudy and snowy while LB and I went to the zoo, so I didn't utilize my sweet shades, but I appreciate that Caitlin is thinking out of the box with accessories! My pants are blue & black checkered, and up top is my old element hoodie I haven't worn much since high school. Underneath is my "I only date nerds" tee and a Chinese character necklace. This outfit is very similar to how I dressed in high school, so I liked this comfy casual flashback!

Wednesday 2nd

Wednesday

princess tee, adventure time leggings, black shorts
oversized red sweater (not pictured)

My running errands day turned into a stay home sick without a voice day, so I loved the comfort of this outfit as well! Not pictured is my oversized red Amelia Pond hoodie that is super big and comfy, which everyone needs on a sick day. Below it, Caitlin paired my black shorts over Adventure time leggings and my Disney princesses shirt. For a mostly black outfit it's pretty colorful too. Dig it. Later in the evening I watched a movie with the guys and thought how much cuter I felt compared to what I would normally throw on when I'm not feeling well.

Thursday 3rd

Thursday

blue & plaid tunic, black jeans, orange scarf
gold Broadway Cares charm bracelet
Museum day and I'm feeling better? What did I do to deserve this great day?? I liked todays simple pairing of this blue & plaid sweater tunic, back jeans, gold charm bracelet, and orange scarf tied as an infinity scarf. The orange in the plaid complimented the scarf really beautifully, so I'm surprised I've never thought to match the two before... This is a similar look to an earlier Lisa choice as well- do the ladies in my family know something about scarves I don't?? Hmm....
Caitlin also assigned my hair to me braided back today, though it started falling out throughout the day. So, note to self- it braids better at this length with a little curl for texture first.

Friday 4th 

Friday

tiered skirt, black leggings, bf blazer, grey v neck tee
pink studs, silver cluster necklace, rose watch
made you pink lip stain
Caitlin dubbed this the "interview look", working with various shades in grey. My tiered skirt is grey, pink, and black, worn over black leggings with a grey v-neck tee tucked in and my black boyfriend blazer. Accessories were dainty pink studs, silver and pink cluster necklace, and my Betsy Johnson rose watch. My sister advised me to wear a neutral pink lip stain and slightly curl my hair. I felt super cute all day at work, even going thrifting later in the evening before watching a movie at J's again. Saving this outfit to wear another time!!

Saturday 5th

Saturday

blue blouse, pleated skirt, knee high athletic socks
big jewel studs, heart necklace, blue converse
Welp, this outfit killed! J and I had tickets to see Heathers the musical this evening, so I'm thrilled at this "Veronica blue" themed outfit! My blue blouse was tucked into a khaki pleated skirt, and a little fashion tape kept my knee high athletic socks up all night. Surprisingly (and thankfully), Caitlin opted for my blue Converse high tops over heels. I agree that it's a cuter look with sneakers. My earrings are big blue jeweled studs and my necklace is a tiny heart. After the show we went out for Slurpees, of course, so my tongue ended up matching my outfit too!

Sunday 6th

Sunday

LBD, rust corduroy jacket, slouchy black boots
cat illusion tights, opalescence lipstick
 bid ring, bronze cluster necklace
sapphire studs, hoop earrings
Today's outfit made me feel like a Summerdale vamp slayer. Seriously, doesn't it kind of have a Buffy vibe? Maybe it's the rust colored corduroy jacket, or the bling ring on my finger, or the tall slouchy boots. Whatever it is, I liked the shake up my LBD got to have. For the rest of my jewelry Caitlin picked my sapphire studs again and hoop earrings, with a bronze antique cluster necklace. And last, but not least, my cat print tights that look like thigh-highs. I felt comfortable enough to sit through a drag show, but cute enough to snap a pic on stage post-show, and isn't that the best sign of a great outfit?

Reflections-

The two specific things Caitlin asked for first were belts and oversized hoodies. I was more than able to deliver on the latter, but didn't realize what a small belt selection I had. This is definitely a great thing to keep in mind for future shopping. It was also a moment when she expressed how we should be dressing me from her closet at this point.  Hey- I called that this might be an issue! And although Caitlin dressed me in a couple graphic tees, a bit of black, and some cat prints, this week was far from having just that. Another surprise was how many accessories she chose. A few days had earrings and a necklace and a bracelet, which I was not expecting from her. There wasn't any outfit I wasn't comfortable in, and I have some really interesting combinations to revisit later. Thanks lil sis, I've taught you well! 

Next week, on Raggedy Amy- 

Playing dress up with my goddaughter next week, but the tables have turned! Now she gets to choose what I wear! Oh boy- should I be worried that I'll be stuck wearing princess dresses every day? Yeah, like I would even be mad at that...


My Week
Lisa Week
Bess Week
Ashlin Week

No comments:

Post a Comment