Friday, May 13, 2016

Dress Me Up- Ashlin Week!

Apologies in advance, as this was not posted on the date it was schedule to go live.


Predictions-

I'm not really sure what to expect from Ashlin. She's the middle child, and can be a little quiet and reserved, so some outfits may take more prompting and her sisters will probably chime in on their opinions. But as for playing dress up- I think she'll enjoy putting me in skirts and dresses mostly. Usually I dress up her and two sisters on holidays, so this should be really fun for her to take control for once!

Monday 7th

Monday

blue tunic, grey leggings
leaf necklace
fishtail braid
Lazy, cold, rainy Monday. Welcome back everybody's favorite tunic and necklace for today's look paired with my grey leggings. Ashlin also suggested a side fishtail braid to start the week and I really appreciated a comfy casual outfit to spend the cold rainy day nannying! Hopefully the rest of the week has better weather.


Tuesday 8th

Tuesday

red plaid pants, black lace tank top
black cardigan, gold menswear watch
Today's outfit was very reminiscent of something I would've worn in high school. These red plaid pants haven't been worn in years, and I definitely enjoyed the feeling of them still fitting! My black cardigan was enough covering over a lacy black tank top, and the gold watch was all the accessories I needed today. Since I was just nannying today, my hair was pinned back in a tiny poof. Throwback Tuesday?

Wednesday 9th 

Wednesday

Day: cranberry sweater, polka dot cardigan, black jeans
Night: pleather peplum top, stripe mini skirt, black tights
hoop earrings, bangles, pink lipstick
I adored this day to night look today! The cranberry sweater layered over my navy chambray was warm enough to take LB to the zoo in the rain today, paired with my jeans and rain boots, and little rose stud earrings. Later, I twisted my hair into an updo with this adorable out on the town look consisting of my striped mini skirt (I've only worn once, because I never knew what to wear it with), leather peplum top, tights and combat boots. For accessories, Ash chose my hoop earrings and a pile of gold bangles. She also suggested I wear a subtle pink lip stain that brought out the pink of my skirt. I loved the compliments I received all night at my friend's comedy show. Thanks Ashlin!

Thursday 10th

Thursday

cranberry shift dress, comic leggings, tattoo choker
Now here's the real throwback Thursday! How great is today's lounging around outfit? I had today off to clean around home, run errands, and catch up my itinerary for next weekend's comic convention. This cranberry sheath dress is a little short, so Ashlin added my comic print leggings on bottom. My tattoo choker from the 90s made a cameo as today's only accessory and my hair was a dutch crown braid. I looked way more pulled together than I normally would on a day off!

Friday 11th

Friday

T.A.R.D.I.S. cardigan, red v-neck tee, black leggings
For my last Friday of this experiment, Ash went for my Tardis cardigan and a red v-neck tee. My pants are thick black leggings, that I usually wouldn't wear as pants without a longer top, but they were thick enough to stay warm today taking LB to the zoo concert. My hair was just pulled back on each side with butterfly clips enough to see my small clear studs.
Unfortunately my ride to a movie premier tonight wasn't available, so my evening look of a strapless purple and green dress, starfish earrings, and green statement necklace went unworn. But, it ended up being rather chilly, so I've made note to wear it the next fancy occasion that comes around!


Saturday 12th

Saturday

cream blouse, black tank top, black pencil skirt, 
black tights, gold circle earrings
For another day off, Ashlin picked a more business-y look with my sheer white blouse over a black tank top, black pencil skirt, and black tights. For accessories, we went with larger gold circle earrings and twisted my bangs back on one side. J commented that I looked like I was headed to an interview again. Gotta love my family ladies dressing me for success!

Sunday 13th

Sunday

green cropped Avengers sweater, high waisted jeans,
white scarf as headband
What a way to finish out the week! This has to be my favorite look of this whole experiment- cropped nerdy sweater with my high waisted jeans, and my hair is just straight with a white bandana as a headband. When I watched movies with the boys tonight they loved this look and were very surprised that my goddaughter would be cool with me showing my midriff! lol But they were incredibly complimentary and I only wish I could've gone out in this outfit. More people needed to see it. haha Noted- this will be worn again. Also, how cute is Gideon posing in the background??



Reflections-

I am pleasantly surprised with how stylish and comfortable I felt all week! Ashlin made a lot more outfits with pants than I was expecting, and dressed me pretty maturely. She definitely took some chances with pairings I never would've thought of, and her sense of playfulness really came across in these pairings. She gave thought to how I should wear my hair every day, though she took some advice from her older sister when in doubt. I still can't get over how much I loved Sunday's outfit- I'm still thinking about it. After dressing up Ashlin and her sisters since they were born it was really fun to have the tables turned and let them play dress up! I hope they had just as much fun.

Next week, on Raggedy Amy- 

That's all folks! This week wraps up my original experiment, but I want to hear from you- should I continue with other family members? Should I have J be an honorary stylist for a week to get a guys perspective? Let me know! I've had a blast doing this for the past month and have learned a lot about myself and the lovely ladies I have the privilege to call my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment